Hi, my name is Brian A Curtis, and I am:
- an Australian resident
- an ordained Christian minister;
- the translator and editor of “A Twenty-First-Century Bible”;
- the writer of a book of children’s stories;
- a keen critic of the current practices of the church; and
- an advocate for a 21st century reformation in the church.
Welcome to my website.
Luke 2:1-7A. INTRODUCTIONIt’s September, and it’s not unusual to hear people complain about Christmas—and how early is has come, with all the trees, decorations, gift ideas, and special foods appearing in our shops. Four months before the big event, and we are...
Matthew 27:11-26Mr Mud wasn’t always called Mr Mud. But he was given the name because he always did things that were a little bit dodgy. He wasn’t a hardened criminal, he didn’t have a prison record or anything like that, but if there was something going on that was a...
Luke 16:19-31In society today, there is a preoccupation with being successful, or at least gaining much wealth. And not necessarily with wealth or success that is earned. For example, the Australian love of gambling is well noted. But even if weren’t, there are many...