Hi, my name is Brian A Curtis, and I am:
- an Australian resident
- an ordained Christian minister;
- the translator and editor of “A Twenty-First-Century Bible”;
- the writer of a book of children’s stories;
- a keen critic of the current practices of the church; and
- an advocate for a 21st century reformation in the church.
Welcome to my website.
Please note that this website can only accept orders within Australia. For other options (worldwide or within Australia) please click here.
I often think that I open myself to the accusation “That you protest too much.” After all, many of my blogs are worded in terms of the negative—about bad practices, the need to undo the mistakes of the past—particularly regarding the adopted practices of the...
When Jesus taught his disciples the Lord’s Prayer, did he mean the disciples to say it by rote? I doubt it. Indeed, each time I hear it, I’m reminded of its constituent parts. It’s the elements that make up the prayer that are important, not the repetition by which it...
There are a lot of hymns, songs, etc. available to be sung in churches today. But sung by whom? When musicians pick music for a service, do they pick it for the congregation to sing or so that they can be entertained? Posted: 12th July 2018