The writing of Part 3 in the series A Twenty-First-Century Bible is now underway. I have completed about 20% of the first draft, and am hopeful that the remaining 80% will be completed by the end of June 2017. It will then take a further six months before the manuscript will be ready to be submitted for publication.

Part 3 covers the period from the division of the kingdom under Rehoboam and Jeroboam, until the destruction of the Temple. And like the two previous books this book is having its challenges. Not least of which is trying to put things in chronological order, and synchronising the dates between the northern and southern kings.

Another of the issues for this particular period is the constant switching between events in Judah and events in Israel—a major problem for the casual reader. As a consequence, one of the features I am integrating into this volume is a way of making it clear at all times in which kingdom the events are taking place.

I am hopeful that the book will become available about April 2018.

Posted: 31st May 2016
© 2016, Brian A Curtis
www.21stcenturybible.com.au

Online Sales - Australia Only Dismiss